cumin-rubbed chicken with avocado salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 fully ripened Avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the cumin and pepper; rub on chicken.
- In large non stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, turning occasionally,until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine Avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve over cumin rubbed chicken with whole grain couscous or rice, if desired.