easy butter chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tandoori or tikka curry paste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp minced fresh hot pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup 35 % whipping cream
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Preheat oven to 375 °F. In a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish place half the butter. Place in oven for about 3 min or until melted. Swirl to coat dish; set aside.
In large deep pot, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook half of tandoori paste, all of the the ginger, hot pepper, cumin and paprika, stirring, for about 2 min or until fragrant. Add tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in whipping cream; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 10 min or until sauce is thickened.
Meanwhile, in bowl, combine chicken, yoghurt and remaining tandoori paste; toss to combine. Spread in single layer in prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for 10 min. Pour tomato sauce over chicken; bake for about 15 min longer or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and lime juice.