mango and cubanelle slaw
A Cubanelle pepper is a type of sweet pepper, it's long and tapers at the end and can range in colour from yellow to red. If you can't find cubanelles, you can substitute a bell pepper. This salad is a perfect match for a grilled white fish or chicken.
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cubanelle pepper, finely sliced
- Freshly chopped coriander, to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger (5 ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce (5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes, or to taste (2 ml)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 to 2 tsp. grapeseed oil ( 5 ml to 10 ml)
Add mango, red onion, cubanelle pepper and coriander to a bowl. Flavour with ginger, fish sauce, chile flakes, lime zest. Add the grapeseed oil. Toss until well combined. Serve.