This is where our master bedmakers add even richer materials to their mattresses. For this collection they’ve chosen fine Mulberry silk, lightweight cashmere and hand-teased Shetland wool (unique to Vispring) – an incredibly soft fleece thanks to the sheep’s unique moorland and beach habitat. It’s about finding exactly what we need to create mattresses that go beyond comfortable. Beds that let you drift off into a truly deep sleep…
MILLIONS OF NATURAL SPRINGS
Horsehair is the longest natural fibre. And it’s been used in upholstery and bed making for generations. We use horsetail hair because of its natural ability to return to its original shape – however much it’s squashed and flattened. It’s like adding millions of extra springs to the mattress and helps it stay exceptionally comfortable for decades.
100 YEARS IN EVERY STITCH AND SPRING
We’ve been hand-making beds for over a century. So while others automate their bed-building, we stick to what we know – stitching by hand, filling mattresses ourselves, and nesting pocket springs together with the same curved nesting needles we’ve used for decades. It’s how we guarantee handmade quality. In every mattress.
- Hand-nested calico pocket spring construction
- Spring tension: Soft, Medium, Firm, Extra Firm
- 2236 springs in a King size
- Exclusive natural fillings: bonded British fleece wool, South American long-stranded horsetail, real Shetland wool blended with mohair and silk, real shetland wool and cotton
- Finest quality ticking
- Hand-tufted with felt washers
- Upholstered with protective wool
- 3 rows of hand side-stitching
- Horizontal handles
- Air vents
- Overall mattress depth: 9.1" (23cm) + 2.4" (6cm) doming (+/-0.8")